Jeet Kune Do is the martial art created by the late Bruce Lee. Our JKD is a melding of JKD concepts, original Jun Fan JKD(JPJKD Lineage) as well as the inclusion of the most effective self-defense tactics from eastern and western martial arts.
In JKD we cover all ranges of combat (Kicking, Striking, Trapping and Grappling) as well as the use of all weapon types (Blunt, Edged, Flexible, and Projectile).
While JKD is certainly a devastating form of combat, its goal is the expression of Five key principles:
- Economy of motion
- Longest weapon to the nearest target
- No passive motions, always HIT!
- Attack the Attack
And 5 methods of Attack:
- Singe Direct/Angular Attack(SDA/SAA)
- Attack by Combination(ABC)
- Attack by Drawing(ABD)
- Progressive Indirect Attack (PIA)
- Hand Immobilization Attack ( HIA)
A non-classical fighting art, Jeet Kune Do is based on skill, not on how many techniques, arts or forms you know.
- Full Body Warmup/Body Weight Circuit (H.I.I.T)
- Footwork Drills
- Striking Drills
- Pad work Drills
- Partner Energy/Trapping Drills
- Self Defense Drills
“Jeet Kune Do favors formlessness so that it can assume all forms and since Jeet Kune Do has no style, it can fit in with all styles. As a result, Jeet Kune Do utilizes all ways and is bound by none and likewise uses any technique or means which serves its end.”
(Tuesday Evenings 8pm to 9pm)